Power Boat and Marine Technology Warranty
Limited Engine Warranty: Victorian Marine Technology issues this non-transferable Limited Engine Warranty to you, the original purchaser of the new/remanufactured engine and owner of the vehicle/vessel in which the engine is installed. Victorian Marine Technology warrants the new/remanufactured engine, which you have just purchased and which is described in this warranty, to be free from defects in workmanship or material if properly installed, used in a normal manner and properly serviced and maintained during the specified warranty periods described below. If the new/remanufactured engine fails as a result of a defect in workmanship or material during the specified warranty period (measured from the time period described below), Victorian Marine Technology will repair, replace or refund, at the option of Victorian Marine Technology. Any product replaced under warranty carries the remainders of the original product’s warranty terms.
- Long, Short & Complete Engines: Warranty starts from date of purchase and is valid for 12 Months or 20,000km, whichever occurs first
- Passenger Cars & Light Trucks: 12 Months or unlimited hours
- Marine Use: 360 Days or unlimited hours
- Special application such as stationary engines or fork lifts: No warranty
- All off road and racing applications: No warranty
*This warranty does not cover water ingestion in marine use.
**Engine accessories carry the same warranty as the applicable engine.
Please provide us with the following information for warranty claims:
- Engine Number:
- Date of Sale:
- Invoice Number:
- Engine Type:
Where & How Will the Warranty Be Honoured?
In order for the warranty to be valid, the engine and/or part must be returned at your cost, within the specified warranty period, to Victorian Marine Technology or the authorised distributor you purchased the engine through, along with this original warranty and the sales receipt. Prior authorisation and a Claim Number must be obtained from Victorian Marine Technology before any warranty work may be performed. The claim MUST be returned with the product. If not, the claim process will not continue. Repair bills and proof of payment must be submitted prior to reimbursement by Victorian Marine Technology.
Disclaimer and Exclusions to Coverage Applicable to Limited Engine Warranty:
This Limited Warranty does not apply if the engine:
- Is installed in vehicles used for racing
- Contains high performance modifications or has been modified, altered, abused, unreasonably used, improperly installed, damaged by accident, fire, negligence, misuse, overheating, detonation, lack of lubrication, incorrect application, incorrect or defective units or accessory equipment attached to the engine that were not authorised by the original manufacturer or installed in an application for which it was not ordinarily intended
- Is not properly serviced, maintained or fuelled in accordance with the original manufacturer’s specifications
This warranty shall not apply to a camshaft failure on a short block engine unless new lifters have been installed at the time of the engine installation or to any engine unless correct running in procedure has taken place. If installation or repair work is not performed by a qualified mechanic, some or all of the implied warranty may be void. This warranty also does not apply to products sold or used outside Australia or its territories.
This Limited Warranty excludes:
- Transportation expense of a defective engine or part to or from the Dealer, Warehouse or Distributor where your engine was purchased.
- Compensation for inconvenience or loss of use.
- The cost of a rental car, lodging, reimbursement for time off work, loss of income, commercial loss, towing charges, telephone calls, legal fees and costs or other consequential damages.
Any and all cost of labour required to remove the defective engine or part and to complete installation of a replacement engine or part for passenger cars, trucks and boats must be approved in writing and amount agreed to prior to commencement of any work. Labour charges will be paid up to a maximum hourly rate not exceeding $70.00 per hour with a maximum labour liability of $600 repairs otherwise covered if performed without prior authorisation from Victorian Marine Technology in writing. The cost of all parts replaced under this warranty unless the parts have been supplied by Victorian Marine Technology or specifically authorised for local purchase. All replaced parts must be submitted (prepaid) to Victorian Marine Technology for inspection before labour or incidental costs will be considered.
*In the event of a dispute occurring, the engine will be assessed by Australian Automotive solutions with their findings being binding. Costs of testing shall be borne by the party at fault.
OIL PRESSURE MUST BE CHECKED PRIOR TO START UP
CAMSHAFT MUST BE RUN IN FOR 20 MINUTES @ 2,000 RPM
COOLING SYSTEM MUST BE FLUSHED
WARRANTY WILL BE VOID IF THESE STEPS ARE NOT FOLLOWED
Liability under this warranty is limited to the price of the defective engine or parts at the time of purchase of the engine and Victorian Marine Technology shall have no liability whatsoever for any consequential or special damages. This Limited Warranty is the only express warranty made by Victorian Marine Technology with regard to such engine. The duration of any warranty implied by law, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for particular purpose, is limited to the duration of the express warranty. The foregoing warranties are exclusive and in lieu of all other remedies. **This Warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary, from state to state.